IRC Server kornbluth.freenode.net
Details of last connection...
|Date:||2018-02-10 00:00 (UTC)
| || CHANTYPES=# EXCEPTS INVEX CHANMODES=eIbq,k,flj,CFLMPQScgimnprstz CHANLIMIT=#:
CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 CHARSET=ascii NICKLEN=16 CHANNELLEN=50 TOPICLEN=390 ETRACE CPRIVMSG CNOTICE DEAF=D MONITOR=100 FNC TARGMAX=NAMES:
EXTBAN=$,ajrxz WHOX CLIENTVER=3.0 SAFELIST ELIST=CTU :
| ||Administrative info about kornbluth.freenode.net
You're using freenode! For assistance, please '/stats p' and message someone on the list
For further assistance, please see http://freenode.net/kb/all, or email
|Message Of The Day (MOTD):
| ||- Welcome to kornbluth.freenode.net in Frankfurt, DE, EU.
- Thanks to Probe Networks (www.probe-networks.de) for
- sponsoring this server!
- KORNBLUTH, CYRIL M. [1923-1958]. Born in New York City and
- an active member of the Futurians, Cyril Kornbluth sold his
- first story professionally at age 15. By the 1940's his
- stories appeared widely under several pennames, including
- S.D. Gottesman and Cecil Corman. He left his university
- studies in Chicago to serve in the Army in Europe during
- WWII, then returned to school and work in Chicago until he
- began writing full-time in 1951. The author of The Marching
- Morons and the novels The Space Merchants (with Frederik
- Pohl) and The Syndic, he's best known for his biting social
- satire and his collaborations with Pohl and with Judith
- Welcome to freenode - supporting the free and open source
- software communities since 1998.
- By connecting to freenode you indicate that you have read and
- accept our policies and guidelines as set out on https://freenode.net
- In the event that you observe behaviour that contravenes our policies,
- please notify a volunteer staff member via private message, or send us an
- e-mail to complaints[at]freenode[dot]net -- we will do our best to address the
- situation within a reasonable period of time, and we may request further
- information or, as appropriate, involve other parties such as channel operators
- Group Contacts representing an on-topic group.
- freenode runs an open proxy scanner.
- If you are looking for assistance, you will be able to find a list of
- volunteer staff using the '/who freenode/staff/*' command, and you may
- message any of us at any time. Please note that freenode predominantly
- provides assistance via private message, and while we have a network
- channel the primary venue for support requests is via private message to
- a member of the volunteer staff team.
- From time to time, volunteer staff may send server-wide notices relating to
- the project, or the communities that we host. The majority of such notices
- will be sent as wallops, and you can '/mode <yournick> +w' to ensure that you
- do not miss them. Important messages relating to the freenode project, including
- notices of upcoming maintenance and other scheduled downtime will be issued as
- global notices.
- Representing an on-topic project? Don't forget to register, more information
- can be found on the https://freenode.net website under "Group Registration".
- freenode organises an annual conference, and we would like to extend our
- thanks to the attendees, exhibitors and speakers who made freenode #live 2017
- possible. And of course, our generous sponsors: Bytemark, Canonical (Ubuntu),
- Falanx Cyber Security, Private Internet Access and Yubico for footing the bill.
- Thank you also to our server sponsors for the sustained support in keeping the
- network going for close to two decades.
- freenode #live returns to Bristol, UK on November 3rd-4th 2018, keep an eye
- on the https://freenode.live website for our call for volunteers and call for
- participation. If you are interested in sponsoring next year's event, please
- send us an e-mail to sponsor[at]freenode[dot]live
- Thank you for using freenode!